quinta-feira, janeiro 10, 2008

Coming this monday is the biggest event of technology of the year: Macworld 2008 - which in a big way has nothing to do with Macs anymore, and if you are thinking of telling me it is not the biggest event in technology of the year. Think again 'cause I will answer: "remember last year when they anounced the iPhone at Macworld 07' and it changed the way most of us associate the word cool in cell phone design. At one time the RAZR was cool, the RAZR was status and the RAZR was hip. Now having an iPhone is what is hip. And Macworld is the time where Apple, which in later years has become synonym of Cool, decides to unveil what it will be making us want this year.

If you've read any Blog and even most online newspapers this week, there is a great possibility you've heard some rumor about what is the next big thing Apple is bringing out this year

One thing every one says they're certain about is that Apple should revamp it's ,that was even dismissed as a hobby, Apple TV. And mostly because iTunes should be released a Macworld with movie rental capabilities, there is even talk about Apple TV coming out with DVR capabilities. Which I think, in my humble opinion, is the way to go, if Apple really wants to take control of the living room and make Apple TV the iPod of media centers, they have to go face to face with Tivo, and that's way DVR makes sense. What would make even more sense, is making Apple TV, a cheap Mac Mini, for people that want a Mac and can't really afford one. (some hackers actually use Apple TV as computers, so it should be pretty simple to do).

What I expect, is not really the whole MacBook Nano a lot of people have been talking about. A MacBook Pro with either a touchscreen or a bigger touchpad is something I do envision as a possibility. But the reason for this post is that If wasb Steve Jobs today, with the market as it is, (Apple has been growing exponentially, with more people buying Macs then never, with a brand new - and pretty good OS in my hands, and with your biggest rival in trouble because of a terrible OS release - Vista is been badmouthed up and down on the media, and I can say for experience, I don't like it one bit (no pun intended)) , well I would do what I thougt he would have done in 2006 when Apple switched to Intel processors. And that is...

Selling Mac OS X for PCs. Call me crazy, I know it is not a simple thing to do that. But I meet more and more people each day that which they could either own Macs or at least have Mac OS X on their computer (I can say I am one of them). And what better time than now. They're "I'm a Mac I'm a PC" campaigns are awesome, their sales are rising, everyone loves the iPod and iPhone, and Microsoft is taking the hardest blow ever with Vista. Not even Windows Me was this badly reviewed.

So that is entirely my opinion, not a real rumor there. Just decided to give my idea of what I have been seeing on the Computer market and what I see is the greatest opportunity Apple has ever had to take over the market. Most of us, who love and really desire the products that this wonderful brand creates, would love to see them do just that.

A Happy new year and Mac OS X for all. That's what I wish. :)

Nenhum comentário: